This can be used to extend the default search capabilities of assets on AEM Author.
- Create a namespace, if you do not already have one.
- Add your custom new metadata field to the default metadata profile. Or you can also create a new one.
- Go to AEM Tools > Assets > Metadata Schemas > default > select “image” > Edit
- I added a new Tab “Brand” for testing. You can also add a field to the default tabs as well.
- Add a “Single Line Text” from the “Build Form” tab on the right.
- Map to Property: ./jcr:content/metadata/brand:name( “brand” is the namespace )
- Add a new search predicate to the assets’s search form
- Go to AEM Tools > General > Search Forms > Select Assets Admin Search Rail > Edit
- Add a Multi Value Property Predicate to the form. Use the same “Property Name” as used in 2(c) above. Save
- Add test metadata to the newly added field to some assets
- Test your search predicates.
- Go to AEM Navigation > Assets > Search (if on 6.3 then, AEM Navigation > Assets > Files > Search
- Enter some search term.. or blank and hit search
- Open filters.. you can see the newly added Brand Name search filter. Enter search term like Nike , preferably something that matches with test data in 4(a)
I have tested this on AEM 6.2 and 6.3